In January 2021, the Department of Public Works and their contractor, R.E. Coleman, will begin construction on the Peaks Island Parking Lot Improvements project. The project will expand the parking area, provide dedicated golf cart parking and dedicated accessible parking, and improved circulation.
The project is expected to be substantially complete by Memorial Day 2021. In the meantime, partial closures of parking areas should be expected.
The anticipated schedule for the project is below. All milestones are subject to change, and all work is weather-permitting.
- January-February 2021: Deliver and retaining walls, install retaining wall along Welch Street
- February-March 2021: Complete adding height to existing retaining wall
- March-April 2021: Complete re-grading of parking lot areas, install underdrain for permeable pavers, install stone dust bike parking areas
- April-May 2021: Install granite curbs, guardrails, and stockade fences
- May 2021: Install permeable pavers, base pave parking areas, loaming and seeding