FY2020 Budget Process
Fiscal Year 2020 City Manager's Recommended Budget Blue Book
FY20 Budget Meetings at Finance Committee and City Council:
1. City Council - Monday, April 8th - City Manager Recommended Budget Presented to City Council, referral to Finance Committee
2. Finance Committee - Tuesday, April 9th - Budget Overview Presentation from Finance Director, City Council, City Manager, City Clerk, Assessors, Finance, Human Resources and Parking Budget Reviews
3. Finance Committee - Wednesday, April 23rd - Public Buildings and Waterfront, Public Works, Parks, Recreation and Facilities (only half of the budget, meeting was ended after 4 hours due to time constraints) Budget Reviews
4. Finance Committee - Thursday, April 24th - FY20 School Department Budget Discussion Continued + Public Hearing, Debt Service, Pension, Sewer/Stormwater, Planning and Urban Development, Parks, Recreation & Facilities (finishing work from 4/24) Budget Reviews
5. City Council Workshop – Monday, April 29th – Policies of Community Support Fund and Shelter Overflow
6. Finance Committee – Thursday, May 2nd, 5:30PM in Room 209 – Legal, Health & Human Services, Fire Department Budget Reviews
7. City Council – Monday, May 6th, 5:30PM in Council Chambers (Budget 1st Read and Public Hearing)
8. Finance Committee – Thursday, May 9th, 5:30PM in Room 209 – Police, Permitting and Inspections, IT, EcoDevo Budget Reviews
9. City Council Budget Workshop – Monday, May 13th, 5:30PM in Council Chambers
10. Finance Committee – Tuesday, May 14th, 5:30PM Room TBD – Public Hearing and Follow Up on the FY20 City Budget
11. Finance Committee – Wednesday, May 15th, 5:30PM Room TBD – Public Hearing and Vote on the FY20 School Budget, Vote on the FY20 City Budget
City Council - Monday,
May 20th, 5:30PM in Council Chambers - (Budget 2nd Read and Public Hearing)
- Nicholas M. Mavodones, Jr., Chair
- Ethan Strimling
- Justin Costa
About the Board
The Finance Committee reviews the city manager’s recommended operating and capital budgets and the school superintendent’s operating budget and makes recommendations to the City Council regarding those budgets.This committee will also review and recommend to the full council any borrowing authorizations, financial policies, and contracts not under the purview of the city manager.
The Finance Committee will serve as the audit committee, reviewing the annual audit and ensuring that the auditor’s comments as contained in the management letter are addressed.
If you would like to send your written comments to the city manager’s office, you can send an email.